Skip to main content

Day 5 - God Seeks Intercessors

Are you ready to be an intercessor? Are you ready to up your game as an intercessor?

In Isaiah 59:16, it is written: And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor.

In this chapter of The Secret of Intercession, Murray talks of God's desire to have intercessors to have those that love "the people enough or who had sufficient faith in His power to deliver, to intercede on their behalf" (21).

God is looking for those people, those who love others enough and believe in him enough to prayer for others.

It's not an easy position. It was the position of Christ before he took his place on the throne. When Christ took the throne, man was given the obligation to extend God's kingdom.

As Murray writes, "He [Jesus] ever lives to pray. Prayer is the highest exercise of His royal prerogative as Priest-King upon the throne. All that Christ was to do in heaven was to be in fellowship with His people on earth" (22).

He also states that through prayer, God rules the world and his church.

PRAYER MATTERS. SIGNIFICANTLY. "God calls for intercessors: in His grace He has made His work dependent on them. He waits for them" (22).

As asked by Murray, How is intercession an active "partnership" with Jesus, the Great High Priest, who "ever liveth to make intercession" (Heb. 7:25) for us?


My initial, simple response about two years was we take Jesus' place on earth. We Jesus took his place beside God, humans were left to spread the word, to pray for others and ourselves. When we intercede, we connect to Jesus, to God.

My response hasn't changed much in two years. Prayer is active. From the actual speaking and emoting of prayer to the movement of that prayer to Jesus and the communication that occurs during it and the blessings that fall because of the lifting of the prayers. Just as I spoke in Day 4 about intercession and our readiness to yield to God, prayers connects us to Jesus, provides a direct link to his love for us, and that love--much like prayer--is active, too. Our intercession illustrates an active communication, movement, and love between us and Jesus, and the blessings that God gives because of the activity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Bad News into a Positive Move for Change

I received some news today. The stage was set for it three weeks ago, and today confirmed it. I have diabetes. Out of all illnesses you can get, diabetes has been #1 on my Please, Dear God, not that  list my whole life. I've had great aunts and uncles that had it and saw some of the more extreme effects of it, and wanted nothing to do with it, ever. Three weeks ago, blood work results came back. Sugar was pretty high. My doctor decided to schedule more blood work within a two to three-week span of time. I had that done this past Friday. Today, after smiling and talking with my bestie about my good talk with my dissertation chair, after declaring the completion of my dissertation, after excitedly telling bestie of new writing project; the call came. About the norm in a roller coaster life in which at 1:59 you can be on Cloudy Infinity and at 1:59:10, you can hear the thud and the crack of bones as you fall back to earth. Doctor told me the number was lower, but that

In the beginning...

Then the LORD answered me and said: Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry. Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:2-4 Throughout the course of a lifetime, we go on many journeys. I know I have. Not enough fingers and toes to list every journey that makes up my life. These journeys cause us to question every action, to make choices, to follow paths, to make mistakes, to accomplish goals, to - inevitably - be changed as a result of each journey. In less than two months, I will begin a journey, a new phase in my life, and the preparation for it began a little over a year ago, at a time when I was tired and done with a lot of things in my life; I was sure my life was placed on serious hold. I wanted to be a published &