Skip to main content

Day 3 - Man's Place in God's Plan

In Day 3 of Andrew Murray's The Secret of Intercession, Murray talks about man's place in God's plan. He starts with this passage:

The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's; but the earth hath he given to the children of men. - Psalm 115:16

Murray goes on to talk about the perfect goodness, holiness of God's place, heaven, but also how we are to make sure His will be done on earth as it is in heaven (Matt 6:10). It, like the other days of the book, are very brief, but in this day, his message is makes a powerful impact just like the first two: God has supplied us with an earth full for hidden potential and possibility and that God has instill man with the ability to uncover these hidden treasures and make the earth a better place for God's people. Intercession is one way in which we can begin to uncover these treasures. The more we conduct the "unceasing intercession of God's people" (15), the faster we will realize earth as it is in heaven.

As with all the other days, this "day chapter" ends with a question: What work has God begun and prepared for you to discover and fulfill?

These are the initial responses I had...

God has definitely given me words to use, to move. There are stories in me that need to be told, and I know they are not always meant for my good but for the good of those that might read and be sparked to write, sparked to feel, sparked to think, and sparked to move, to act. They are seeds he instilled in me, and it is my job to one, be a part of the world to see what is needed to help and to pick the best blooms from the literary plants within me to bring to the audience. Sometimes, these comes the way of mysteries. And other times, it will be Christian fiction, women's fiction, or some other genre.

God has given me a tender heart and an affinity toward women, the trials and tribulations they face and the encouragement they need to be uplifted and move into their destinies. For a long time, I have felt that God has wanted me to move into a direction in my life so that I can be an advocate for women, and I'm constantly in prayer with him to learn how I might be of service to him ... and to these women.

God has given me the role of THE FIXER in my group of friends, family, and loved ones, and I know that I often go the wrong direction with this fixer role, but I know that I can learn to be fixer that can help others and intercede on the behalf of others.

I constantly realize that I am a work-in-progress, so I'm constantly working to grow and be better in trying to discover and fulfill what God has begun in me.


What work has God begun and prepared for you to discover and fulfill?



Previous The Secret of Intercession Posts:

1- Day One - Intercession
2- Day Two - The Opening of the Eyes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Bad News into a Positive Move for Change

I received some news today. The stage was set for it three weeks ago, and today confirmed it. I have diabetes. Out of all illnesses you can get, diabetes has been #1 on my Please, Dear God, not that  list my whole life. I've had great aunts and uncles that had it and saw some of the more extreme effects of it, and wanted nothing to do with it, ever. Three weeks ago, blood work results came back. Sugar was pretty high. My doctor decided to schedule more blood work within a two to three-week span of time. I had that done this past Friday. Today, after smiling and talking with my bestie about my good talk with my dissertation chair, after declaring the completion of my dissertation, after excitedly telling bestie of new writing project; the call came. About the norm in a roller coaster life in which at 1:59 you can be on Cloudy Infinity and at 1:59:10, you can hear the thud and the crack of bones as you fall back to earth. Doctor told me the number was lower, but that

In the beginning...

Then the LORD answered me and said: Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry. Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:2-4 Throughout the course of a lifetime, we go on many journeys. I know I have. Not enough fingers and toes to list every journey that makes up my life. These journeys cause us to question every action, to make choices, to follow paths, to make mistakes, to accomplish goals, to - inevitably - be changed as a result of each journey. In less than two months, I will begin a journey, a new phase in my life, and the preparation for it began a little over a year ago, at a time when I was tired and done with a lot of things in my life; I was sure my life was placed on serious hold. I wanted to be a published &