Skip to main content

The "Everything's Great, But..." Woman

We know her.


On the outside, she is a woman that most men want and most women envy.


She's the "everything's great, but..." woman.


You know.


She's beautiful. She has a great job. She has great friends. She has a great family. She has a great home. She has a great car.


Her future is so blindingly bright your retinas can sear just trying to imagine what her future looks like.


And when she smiles that toothpaste-commercial smile, it makes her whole universe that much brighter.


But the smile is fake.


A woman like this can't afford to let everyone know what's really going on in her world.


Because everything's great, but...


...she's not happy.


And she's usually not happy because of some man.


Sometimes, she has everything BUT the man, and she goes home to all her wonderful things and feels empty and lonely.


And sometimes, she has everything AND the man, and when the two are together, people are that much more jealous of her because she appears to have the perfect life.


Yet she goes home to all her wonderful things, including her husband, and feels empty and lonely.


Why?


In my debut novel, set to drop next month--Death at the Double Inkwell [Amazon], Jovan Parham Anderson is the "everything's great, but..." woman. She's a bestselling mystery novelist, has a wonderful twin that she writes great novels with--she has loving parents, and everyone in their hometown in Maryland consider Jovan and her twin Cheyenne to be just DARLING. And then there's Cordell, Jovan's husband. She's loved him since college, and he her, but at some point that love began to dismantle and the facade of Jovan's idyllic life begins to crumble.




And before she can even think about the situation clearly, her focus moves at one point away from her husband and to herself.


Is SHE the reason he's being distant? Is SHE not doing something right?


She wonders if her curvy figure is no longer attractive to Cordell--after all, he does call her out a time or two about her weight.


She wonders if she's not doing enough at home--considering she's a successful businesswoman just as Cordell is a successful businessman. Is she not being Suzy Homemaker enough for him?


More WHYs cloud Jovan's thoughts regarding her marriage and herself, especially when an event occurs that rocks the very foundation she's built her entire world on, causing
Jovan to question everything about her life with Cordell.



How can the "everything's great, but..." woman have EVERYTHING great in her life...with no buts?


She has to take control of her life, see the TRUTH of her life, determine what she NEEDS in her life, and act accordingly.


Will Jovan do all of those things?


You'll have to read Death at the Double Inkwell to find out.


It drops next month--but you can by it now at Amazon.

Comments

  1. I love that post; cannot wait to read the book..keep posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor girl what a horrible month you had. If I could I would give you a great big hug. I am so sorry about the passing of your father. My husband once told me that God and Angels often work through electrical devices. I had an experience similar to yours; 2 years ago my mother-in-law was gravely ill. She lived with us. I would end up spending the entire night running down stairs to her room. One night I was so tired and angry that her six daughter were not helping me. I was feeling sorry for myself. My own husband never even heard her when she woke up and could not breathe. Well on this one night I was exhausted and I said to her I am just going to sit with you for awhile until you fall asleep. A preacher came on and instead of changing the channel; I listened. He was yelling "How dare you complain about taking care of your aging parents; when will you ever be so close to someone about to enter heaven" I knew that man was talking to me. I asked God right then to please give me the strength I needed to lovingly care for this woman who I loved. The very next day the six sisters decided to each take a night so I could rest. God heard me as he heard you. She passed away 4 weeks later. I always carry a little stone with me know..my grand daughter calls it the prayer rock. Whenever I reach into my pocket for something I feel it there and say a prayer. God Bless you and I hope June brings you sunnier days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this awesome testimony, Doreen. It really touched me. I'm SO glad you received that message before your mother-in-law passed away. It probably gave you time to cherish the moments remaining instead of focusing on your anger or resentment at m-i-l's daughters. It truly is incredible, the way that God just SHOWS up and tells us what's what. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Bad News into a Positive Move for Change

I received some news today. The stage was set for it three weeks ago, and today confirmed it. I have diabetes. Out of all illnesses you can get, diabetes has been #1 on my Please, Dear God, not that  list my whole life. I've had great aunts and uncles that had it and saw some of the more extreme effects of it, and wanted nothing to do with it, ever. Three weeks ago, blood work results came back. Sugar was pretty high. My doctor decided to schedule more blood work within a two to three-week span of time. I had that done this past Friday. Today, after smiling and talking with my bestie about my good talk with my dissertation chair, after declaring the completion of my dissertation, after excitedly telling bestie of new writing project; the call came. About the norm in a roller coaster life in which at 1:59 you can be on Cloudy Infinity and at 1:59:10, you can hear the thud and the crack of bones as you fall back to earth. Doctor told me the number was lower, but that

In the beginning...

Then the LORD answered me and said: Write the vision And make it plain on tablets, That he may run who reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry. Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:2-4 Throughout the course of a lifetime, we go on many journeys. I know I have. Not enough fingers and toes to list every journey that makes up my life. These journeys cause us to question every action, to make choices, to follow paths, to make mistakes, to accomplish goals, to - inevitably - be changed as a result of each journey. In less than two months, I will begin a journey, a new phase in my life, and the preparation for it began a little over a year ago, at a time when I was tired and done with a lot of things in my life; I was sure my life was placed on serious hold. I wanted to be a published &